Hunger Solutions Minnesota partners with the USDA, the Minnesota Department of Human Services-Office of Economic Opportunity, food banks and food shelves to administer Minnesota’s TEFAP program. The Emergency Food Assistance Program distributes over 10 million pounds of food to food shelves and on-site meal programs across Minnesota.
Use the tools below to learn more about TEFAP. If you have further questions please call
651-789-9846 for help.
- TEFAP Product Order Sheet
- TEFAP Manual for Food Banks 2018
- TEFAP Manual for Food Shelves 2018
- TEFAP Food Fact Sheets from USDA
- TEFAP USDA Poundage Worksheet
- USDA Product Availability (Note: not all products are available to all states)
- USDA Storage Information for Cheese (& more info)
- USDA Milk Information Sheet
- USDA Fresh Produce Inspections
Below are links provided by USDA to the commodity specifications for the apples, pears and potatoes. In general, much of the fresh produce will be inspected at the destination, but not all, so it’s best to refer to the individual requirements per product. The apples are inspected at the shipping point and do not require a destination inspection, however, the pears, grapefruit and potatoes require inspection at destination. We hope this helps but please let us know if you need anything further.
All forms are made available as downloadable Word documents to allow food shelves to customize them for their needs.
- ADA Agreement for Food Shelves
- Civil Rights Training Checklist
- Complaint Form
- Data Privacy Notice (Tennessen Warning) – English
- Data Privacy Notice – Spanish
- TEFAP Eligibility Forms
Civil Rights Training
The Food Group and Second Harvest Heartland offer a joint training on Civil Rights.
Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isogY8k9CRk&feature=youtu.be
Complete the form https://form.jotform.com/73605014338148 to receive credit for watching
USDA Under Secretary Kevin Concannon and Minnesota partners talk about TEFAP
How TEFAP works in Minnesota
How is TEFAP funded?
How are products ordered and delivered?
What are entitlement and bonus commodities?
TEFAP Legal Requirements
TEFAP Agency Requirements
Receiving and storing food
What to expect at a TEFAP monitoring visit