Hunger Solutions Minnesota partners with the USDA, the Minnesota Department of Human Services-Office of Economic Opportunity, food banks and food shelves to administer Minnesota’s TEFAP program. The Emergency Food Assistance Program distributes over 10 million pounds of food to food shelves and on-site meal programs across Minnesota.
Use the tools below to learn more about TEFAP. If you have further questions please call
651-789-9846 for help.
- TEFAP Products Ordered 2018 (Updated 8/17/2018)
- TEFAP Food Fact Sheets from USDA
- TEFAP USDA Poundage Worksheet
- USDA Product Availability (Note: not all products are available to all states)
- USDA Storage Information for Cheese (& more info)
All forms are made available as downloadable Word documents to allow food shelves to customize them for their needs.
- ADA Agreement for Food Shelves
- Complaint Form
- Data Privacy Notice (Tennessen Warning) – English
- Data Privacy Notice – Spanish
- TEFAP Eligibility Forms
USDA Under Secretary Kevin Concannon and Minnesota partners talk about TEFAP
How TEFAP works in Minnesota
How is TEFAP funded?
How are products ordered and delivered?
What are entitlement and bonus commodities?
TEFAP Legal Requirements
TEFAP Agency Requirements
Receiving and storing food
What to expect at a TEFAP monitoring visit