Job Opportunity – Program Assistant
Full time, $15-18 hour
Reports to: Business Manager (TEFAP); Program Manager (HelpLine)
We’re looking for program assistant to help keep the Minnesota Food HelpLine and The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) running smoothly. Day time (Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm) with occasional early evening (4:30-7:00 pm) availability required.
- Answer incoming calls to the Minnesota Food HelpLine
- Place outgoing calls to individuals referred to the HelpLine
- Conduct follow-up with callers previously assisted
- Ensure all resources have been discussed and made accessible to each caller
- Track and report follow-up call data with SNAP Outreach Coordinator
- Gather feedback on caller experiences with the HelpLine
- Data entry and tracking commodities for TEFAP
- Communication with agency partners on a set schedule
- File and retain program documents
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills by telephone and email with both agency partners and HelpLine callers.
- Comfortable talking on the phone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (primarily Word & Excel, some Sharepoint)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to keep up with ongoing deadlines.
- Flexibility & adaptability in a frequently changing environment.
- Experience coordinating projects or programs in a nonprofit setting.
- Knowledge of basic needs programs like SNAP and community food resources like food shelves and meal programs.
- Phone-based customer service experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish, Hmong, Somali, or other foreign language valued, but not required.
Send resume & cover letter by email to: email@example.com