Job opportunity – SNAP Outreach Intern
We’re looking for an intern to help connect Minnesotans who struggle with hunger with the food resources they need through the Minnesota Food HelpLine. The HelpLine assists low-income individuals enroll in public nutrition programs like SNAP and connects them to other basic needs services. Last year, the HelpLine assisted 3,658 calls from Minnesota residents with screenings and referrals, serving 5,404 household members. The HelpLine has made over 45,500 lifetime calls since it was established in 2009.
The internship is 10-12 hours per week. Unpaid/volunteer to start, with the possibility of becoming a paid position in the future.
- Assist SNAP Outreach Coordinator with HelpLine referral calls,
- Conduct follow-up calls to clients previously assisted,
- Ensure all resources have been discussed and made accessible to each client,
- Track and report follow-up call data with SNAP Outreach Coordinator,
- Gather feedback on client experiences with the HelpLine.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be comfortable talking on the phone.
- Must be proficient in Word & Excel.
- Education or work background in social work or human services.
- Knowledge of basic needs programs, like SNAP.
- Phone-based work experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish, Hmong, Somali, other foreign language conversationally.
Send resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org